Thursday, October 11, 2012

Rose Fanboy


 So who's my favorite writer you say? As much as I enjoy Malcolm's grittiness, and Ben's finesse, I have to say that Mike Rose caught and held my attention with his sarcastic nuance. Something about his character and story helps me dive into his essay and relate more than I could a ex-felon or a Enlightenment Period writer. I think it may be his persona, or almost laziness and satirical aspect to his narrative. He entertains and draws out a story, carefully but almost with no effort keeping his readers delightfully following along at the pace he desires. I've found that 'pace keeping' or how quickly or slowly the action, dialogue, or story plays is essential to maintaining your readers interest and questions, and Rose does this extremely well. He's also very relate-able to high school students like myself because there are many kids who haven't been given an amazing opportunity to grow and feel trapped. Usually teacher look down upon them, and even ridicule them, when in the background they may have family issues or have to sport a full time job just to eat. All in all, Rose is a captivating author and a intriguing psyche.

No comments:

Post a Comment